Extra individuals than ever will probably be spending the weeks main as much as Halloween of their properties, with Hulu pulling out all of the stops in relation to delivering audiences compelling content material, because the streaming service launched particulars on what to anticipate from this yr’s “Huluween” occasion. Along with delivering subscribers authentic horror films, sequence, and quick movies, Hulu can even offer a drive-in expertise for Los Angeles-area residents, along with an all-new digital haunted home. The brand new sequence Monsterland debuts on October 2nd, whereas the drive-in screenings will probably be held later this month and The Screamlands digital haunted home launches on October eighth.
Per press launch, “As the last word vacation spot for Halloween lovers to ‘Scream it Out,’ the Huluween content material hub now has extra titles than ever earlier than. Highlighting probably the most spooktacular content material on the service, the hub consists of hand-picked collections of the very best Halloween content material together with three function collections: ‘Screamy as Hell,’ for probably the most haunted followers, ‘Spooky not Scary,’ for the viewers who’re able to have a fright, however nonetheless sleep at evening, and ‘Humorous Horror,’ that includes light-hearted Halloween enjoyable.
“Greater than six billion minutes of Huluween programming had been watched final yr, underscoring Hulu viewers’ love for fright-filled content material — and as no shock, October ranks because the #1 month for engagement across the horror style on Hulu. To present followers extra of the thrills and chills they love, Hulu will showcase brand-new horrifying Hulu Originals and 30 bone-chilling Chunk-Measurement Halloween quick movies. The sequence of quick style movies – from horror comedy to psychological thrillers – gives a platform for rising filmmakers at 20th Digital Studio. Hulu can even function a myriad of library content material highlighting the entire Halloween episodes and movies on the service.”
New authentic films and TV sequence are as follows:
- Based mostly on the gathering of tales from Nathan Ballingrud’s “North American Lake Monsters,” upcoming eight-part anthology Monsterland begins streaming on Hulu on October 2nd.
- Books of Blood joins Hulu’s slate of Originals on October seventh, taking inspiration from Clive Barker’s acclaimed and influential sequence a couple of journey into uncharted and forbidden territory.
- On October 16th, viewers can stream the horror-filled first season of Hulu Authentic Helstrom. The sequence brings the Marvel comics to life and follows the son and daughter of a mysterious and highly effective serial killer as they observe down the worst of humanity.
- Rounding out the spectacular slate of terrifying Originals this October is the extremely anticipated horror satire movie out of Sundance Unhealthy Hair, debuting October 23rd. Set in 1989, the film follows an formidable younger lady (Elle Lorraine) who discovers that her hair could have a thoughts of its personal.
- Hulu viewers seeking to keep away from spooks and scares can watch the family-friendly Hulu Authentic, Madagascar: A Little Wild “A Fang-Tastic Halloween” particular from DreamWorks Animation, beginning October 21st. After listening to spooky rumors in regards to the new habitat resident – A BAT – Marty is decided to guard his buddies from the newcomer. However when the bat helps him out of a troublesome state of affairs, Marty learns it’s higher to get to know somebody reasonably than decide them on false stereotypes.
Dare to Enter the Drive-in Theater and Go to “The Screamlands”
For Los Angeles-based Halloween followers, Hulu is internet hosting a drive-in theater occasion full of frights and delights, together with an immersive haunted drive-through, the L.A. premiere of Unhealthy Hair, and (s)care packages for all attendees over the course of 4 nights. The occasion will run from October 22nd-25th on the LA Equestrian Heart and can function screenings of Hocus Pocus, Hulu Authentic Books of Blood, Beetlejuice, I Know What You Did Final Summer season, and Carrie (1976). Music famous person DJ D-Good will open the weekend with a efficiency on the Unhealthy Hair premiere on Thursday, and can return once more to shut out the expertise on Sunday, actually making this a must-attend occasion. Halloween followers can request tickets at huluween.com starting Monday, September 28th. Tickets are restricted to 150 automobiles per screening.
Lastly, all Huluween followers are invited to go to The Screamlands, Hulu’s first-ever on-line haunted immersive expertise. Starting Thursday, October eighth, guests 18 years and older can journey by the immersive, 360-degree on-line expertise that options 5 scream-inducing rooms like “Unhealthy Hair Hellway” and “Huluween Corridor” which embody spooky surprises behind each flip.
Are you trying ahead to this yr’s Huluween? Tell us within the feedback beneath or contact Patrick Cavanaugh instantly on Twitter to speak all issues horror and Star Wars!